Land IQ is seeking a Geospatial Analyst/Programmer in its Sacramento, California office. Land IQ specializes in providing solutions to challenging agricultural and environmental problems throughout the western United States. Our areas of expertise include soil science, water quality and supply evaluation, agricultural systems, ecosystem restoration, land cover analysis, salinity and nutrient management, statistics, remote sensing, geospatial analysis, and regulatory policy. Land IQ helps clients develop high value, scientifically sound, proactive solutions to their complex, large-scale, land-based challenges.
The successful Geospatial Analyst/Programmer candidate will be responsible for working with our team comprised of remote sensing/geospatial experts in a range of agronomic, environmental and ecosystem disciplines. The Geospatial Analyst/Programmer will be expected to develop and edit geospatial data, conduct complex spatial analysis, develop/document geospatial data and processes, support development of web maps and applications as well as support administering and managing GIS servers and desktops.
Applicants must have strong fundamentals in carrying out high quality geospatial analysis and developing solutions focused around the ESRI suite of software as well as the Python Oriented Open Source Ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in GIS Analysis and a deep desire to grow into a software developer/system administrator role.
This position requires extensive hands-on experience with the Esri GIS software. A strong knowledge of GIS concepts, spatial data management, spatial analysis/geoprocessing tasks, raster analysis and cartographic map production is required. Additionally, the candidate must have at-least one of the following:
a. Experience administering a complex Esri ArcGIS server environment. This includes installing, updating, configuring and customizing on premise ArcGIS Server and ArcSDE as well as ArcGIS Online data and applications.
The applicant must also have excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and perform work on-time and within budget resources. General knowledge of the natural resource/earth science field is a plus.
Position Location: Sacramento, CA Hiring Timeframe: Immediate Employment Type: Full Time, including benefits
- Develop unique solutions to address a wide range of complex agriculture and environmental challenges.
- Utilize knowledge of hardware, software and application life cycles to deliver high quality products, tools and software enhancements in accordance with best practices
- Work in a team environment on a wide range of projects, supporting our team of scientists, remote sensing analysts, and other science-based disciplines.
- Be organized and methodical with communication and documentation capabilities
- Develop and refine existing applications, geospatial analysis protocols, and spatial and statistical modeling applications to help solve complex Environmental and agricultural resource problems.
- Applicant must have the ability to make analysis protocols actionable through scripting and/or other programming capabilities.
Required Qualifications: Education: B.S. required, M.S. preferred in: Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Geography, or related field. Years of Experience: 3-7
Required Technical Competencies:
2-5 years’ experience in:
- ESRI suite of software, including ArcGIS Desktop and associated Extensions
- Experience managing GIS data workflows and data collection methods
- Proficient in relational database environments including SQL Server, MS Access, PostgreSQL
- Experience with standard and advanced spatial analysis tasks/geoprocessing
- Experience with raster imagery products and basic raster analysis
- Experience in preparing a variety of maps, illustrations and other graphic presentations depending on project/client needs 1-2 years’ experience in:
- Managing ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, and ArcGIS Online
- Experience managing and developing custom scripts for ArcGIS Server Administration
- Experience managing multiuser GIS systems, databases, and environments
- Modify, write and maintain scripts, routines and menus and for programming GIS processes and applications
- Developing for ArcGIS Server and Desktop, and associated programming languages and development tools
- Spatial/statistical modeling and statistics knowledge
- Applied GIS experience within natural science/engineering fields
Professional Skills: Positive/enthusiastic attitude; self-motivated; strong organizational skills, advanced communication and writing skills; personable; ability and desire to learn; develop and evaluate new ideas and approaches; attention to detail; strong QA/QC experience; effectively prioritize tasks and plan work; seek new geospatial solutions, applications and opportunities.
Land IQ is a multidisciplinary environmental consulting firm that emphasizes a solution-oriented approach for a broad range of clients and geographies. We offer competitive compensation, complete benefits packages, 401K, and training and development opportunities. Our Sacramento office is centrally located in northern California in a thriving region of culture and arts and in close proximity to a full range of recreational activities associated with the Sierra Nevada and Coastal mountains, scenic rivers, pacific coast and California foothills.
Land IQ values and seeks the best in our industry. Even when we are not actively filling positions, we welcome resumes from professionals.